I used robbery proceeds to train my daughter in school - robbery suspect | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 13 August 2014

I used robbery proceeds to train my daughter in school - robbery suspect

A member of an armed robbery gang who gave his name as Afeez said he used the proceeds he got from armed robbery to send his daughter to school. Afeez and his partner Wasiu were apprehended recently by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Ikeja, Lagos at a checkpoint in Mushin while on their way to an operation. 
 
According to the police, the young men boarded a taxi at Oshodi around 11pm and were heading to Mushin when they came across a police checkpoint. Seeing the police checkpoint ahead, they became jittery, commanding the cab man to stop them and even tried forcing the door open. The taxi driver suspecting that they were criminals drove quickly to the police checkpoint where he immediately intimated the police officers of his suspicions. A local made gun was discovered on them. Continue...
Confessing to armed robbery, Lekan who says he is married with a daughter said he took to armed robbery a year ago
"Iam from Osun state, I am married, I have a daughter, I joined the gang 12 months ago, I have participated in five robbery operations within Lagos and Ogun states. I have not made much from the robbery operation. Sometimes, I make N20, 000, N15, 000 or N30, 000. I also make money from selling phones, gold and valuables we steal during operations. I was selling Indian hemp at Ojuelegba before the Aiye cult boys forced me to join them, that was how I started robbery with the gang. I was a cobbler when I lost my mother, I could not continue because there was nobody to support me. I have worked as a bus conductor for more than nine years; I sold Indian hemp for three years before I joined the gang last year when Legba introduced me to the gang. We only use the guns to scare people during operations. I have never killed anyone and I have never raped anyone. That night, Legba called me on phone to come to Oshodi. When I got there, he gave me a gun to take to his wife at Mushin but on our way, police arrested us. I knew him when I was selling Indian hemp but I didn’t know that he was an armed robber. I am the one who introduced Wasiu into the armed robbery gang. We live in the same area in Iyana- Itire area of Lagos state. I have a four-year- old daughter, I use proceeds from the robbery operations to train my daughter in school. I regret joining the group." he said 
 The other member of the gang, Wasiu said he took to armed robbery his year
"I joined the gang this year and I have also participated in five robbery operations in Lagos state. We are nine in the group. I was introduced into the gang by Afeez. I was at Mushin when he asked me to accompany him to Osohdi when the gang leader called him. When we got there, he told us to take a gun to his wife which was what we were doing when we were arrested. I have not made anything from the operations. If I ever get out of this, I will never rob again. I am a trained mechanic but I don’t like the work, that is why I joined the gang to make a living.” Wasiu said

40 comments:

www.glowyshoes.com said...

Its no excuse

Pls visit my shoe blog

www.glowysofiscated.blogspot.com

Ceeflo said...

Trying to get people to pity you?.....malign creatures!....hope you rot in jail

Steveosky 4 Real. said...

Tired of these hoodlums and their sorry ass stories Abeg! Face d music

Unknown said...

Hmmm! Nawaaooh! Sumtimes after hearing their stories, u won't know if its to feel for them or curse dem! God help una shaa.

Loisy said...

Ehn. So you are justified. #claps for you#.

Angie said...

Of course, every criminal pleads innocence and finds ways of attracting pity. May the law take it's course!

* My R1.50c comment *

Unknown said...

Armed robbery is bad so face the law and justice. Irebisibrown@yahoo.com.sg

Bishop Dammy said...

Yea the country might be terrible(no employment) but there is still a way out of every wilderness..some other people are surviving, selling akara, groundnuts and still training their kids ..then the place of prayers too. It is well. Prov 12:11. BishopDammy#.

Unknown said...

sad,but deres no valid excuse 4 crimes, dere are sooo many ways to make a living... sorry

Anonymous said...

Your Game Is Up. What Of Those People You Steal From? What If You Forcefully Collected Their Children's School Fees? Anyways, Say That To †Ñ’ƹ Judge. (Linda's Man)

ary said...

that just does not justify armed robbery. Chances are he might have killed or harmed someone in the line of duty.

DIARY OF A TEENAGER said...

My frnd thats not an excuse joor. What happened to carrying blocks at a construction site or even hawking gala on the streets

SLIMZEEY said...

Many days are for the thief and but surely a day for the owner...... You make people sad to make your family survive, though I don't blame them if not these bad leaders we are having in the country...
Me too Na blogging I dey do to survive

5 Dirty Things Abuja Big Babes Do Now Just To Get Money

mo said...

No excuse whatsoever for robbery but lets check things out ourselves, no free quality education note quality n good standard being the watch word, no quality free medicals the ones we pay 4 sef get k-leg, na guesswork, infrastructure mba... we make our water supply via bore hole, evry1 has gen they have to fuel everyday, job with good minimum wage, if i hear- i know pple that are stil paid 5k a month not that the minimum wage is reasonable seeing that ab american can earn that as a day's salary working in walmart... on top that BH n EV nawa... yet na we get like 10 churches for 1 street no joke for real on my str. Isnt there a prob? This guy is flesh n wants d best for his kid but its just sad... its like survival of the fittest

Anonymous said...

Busted! So because you use the proceeds to train your child, you should be discharged and acquitted or they should temper justice with mercy? If anything, you should take you daughter for deliverance!

These armed robbers bring so much sorrow and pain to homes they rob. Restlessness, fear, sleepless nights, trauma... Mstchew! Now you've been caught and you're trying to get people to pity you. As if the people you robbed were the ones that put you in the state you're in. (Boya Awon lo koba e!) nonsense....

frank millz said...

Always excuses and pleas when they meet their waterloo,they may look pitiable now but when robbing they show no pity.Rot in jail.

Okoro said...

Such a pity.

Anonymous said...

Why is it dat,wen been caught dey start confessing all their evil deeds, my question? Its dere a charm used for dat? Cause its applicable to amlost all robbers been caught, they start saying wat they've done as if there is a charm placed on dem to start saying everythg.#mythought#

Anonymous said...

They always regret after they are caught.

APPLE said...

Please SHUT UP! That doesn't make it right.

#king said...

Robbery aint an option.............................#KingOfKings

K-REX said...

If i get out of this i will never rob again! big full!!! its bcos u have been caught that is why u are saying that. Life imprisonment pls.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm ÅŠa̶̲̥̅ wa

Anonymous said...

May God help u. we ve all offended God in one way or the other i pray His mercy will locate us. Amen.

Gift Lawrence said...

I pity u wasiu! u have a very good handwork and u preferred armed rubbery. as for u afeez whre is ur daughter and her education now? it is better to remain a Berger than to involve in immoral act because a day will come when u will be caught. ur days are over so u both should face ur trail.. i no fit shout

Unknown said...

Dnt use the end to justify the means.you can find something decent to do to earn money.

Abraham Ndu said...

Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

hope d wife they are taking d gun to has also been arrested? MUSHIN!!! i hail thee. comfortably married to a thief??? na wao.

Unknown said...

international thief thief ITT una cup don full dey throwaway 99 days for the thief 1 day for the owner of the house

Anonymous said...

It is well with both of u in jail.

Anonymous said...

Excellenta. You are so divinely inspired Bishop. My mum sold cold pap n akara to train me truot my school afta my father died. It was more dan terrible but that wilderness didn't weigh us down. No excuse oga. . Jail all the way for u

goldprecious said...

Heyya sorry oooooo....the people you robbed had nothing to do with the money so you took it to train your daughter as the money is your entitlement. The police apologise for apprehending you...please continue robbing. mschewwwww nonsense .NEXTTTT

Unknown said...

Erm...so in other words robbery is justified?
Guys, Do you want a 'serious' relationship? Try
BV HookUps

Unknown said...

Jeez see their face dah one way own gun e head b old woman wrinkled yansh.

Unknown said...

sorry man
no excuse for crime





BORN TO SHINE!!!!



Anonymous said...

Dis story might nt b true. Mayb dey confessed to dis under duress n after much beating from d police. Police - "Armed robbers looking for robbers!

wisdomrenew said...

No pity for armed robbers

F.Y.F said...

Aiye me Axe Hahahaha OMILA pack God done catch una na na so them go dey catch una one by one. thieves

Anonymous said...

Make a living out of nothing. Armed robbery is not an option. See this: Are you
interested in becoming a
NairaBET agent? Do you have a
shop/space you want to use but
you cannot afford to buy a
computer and receipt printer? If
you answered yes to that, this is
the most exciting message you
will ever read.
Akin Alabi C.E.O nairabet.com have
decided to help people that
are ready to become NairaBET
agents own their own computer
and receipt printer without
paying for them. That is a
whopping N150,000.00 worth of
equipments.
Yes you read that right. Just Register to be an Agent, Fill the Agent Information form and get started within 48 hours from anywhere in Nigeria.
“I will be dashing out
computers and receipt printers to
those intending to become our
agents. The only condition is that
you must have a shop/space/bar/
cafe/viewing center you want to
use. We will inspect the place.
Once we are satisfied, we will
give you the computer and
receipt printer.
We will install our software on it
and train you how to use it. You
can begin right away to earn
serious money like other agents
are already doing". For enquiries and Registration, call General Controller, Creation Officer, Mr Ernest, 08105506635. www.facebook.com/nairabetagents

Unknown said...

Such a story bt its nt an excuse

Recent Posts